Monday, November 28, 2005

The Cat Story

So I have been told to post this story because it is something that I don’t think would ever happen at any university in the US. Here in Beirut there are cats everywhere you go, lots of them. At first this made me sad. They didn’t have “homes” like in the states. Yet it is not as if they are sick. For the most part people take care of them. I usually see cat food left outside for them in front of shops and such. I always see the same cats out in front of the same shops. It is as if it is “their” shop.
The President of AUB loves cats -- loves them so much that there is money in AUB’s budget for feeding the cats. You see the cats everywhere and they are not afraid of you. They have very much the cat mentality of you being in their way. My favorite part is when the “cat ladies” (that is what I call them at least) come out to feed them. It reminds me of in the movie, Mary Poppins, and the lady who feeds the pigeons. Imagine, one of the most beautiful campuses in the world, overrun with cats. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home