Nagging works
After lots of nagging from my Mother I am again updating my Blog. :) It’s amazing how much influence Mom still has on you even on the phone.
As far as things here in Beirut, it is still an amazing adventure for me everyday. I have recently decided to get my own apartment, which will be ready for me at the end of the week! This will be my first apartment, so I am very excited. It is not furnished but I think that gives me the opportunity to make it feel like home. It is still very close to where I am living now, and near all of my friends.
I have realized after talking to Mom that I need to describe more of the place in which I am living since I have not done that yet. I sadly do not have that many pictures because I always feel like such a tourist when I am taking pictures, but I will have some soon of my new apartment and of my friends. As far as what NEST is like, it kind of reminds me of Chapel Hill High School in the architecture. There are classrooms on the lower floors and then dorms above that which is where I am staying. Behind NEST there is a lot of construction that wakes me up every morning, which becomes aggravating. I think my favorite part is that for the most part it is sunny everyday, which always makes me happy to wake up to a pretty day. When you walk around on the streets there is constant noise from the cars. The taxis are always honking at you to see if you need a ride. Now one might think that it is like NYC but I think this is much worse. I have gotten used to the honking and the way people drive. The driving should have its own Blog. There are stop signs and stop lights, but that does not mean that they are obeyed. Pretty much anything goes. So Mom I’m telling you now for when you come, just close your eyes. :)
As far as things here in Beirut, it is still an amazing adventure for me everyday. I have recently decided to get my own apartment, which will be ready for me at the end of the week! This will be my first apartment, so I am very excited. It is not furnished but I think that gives me the opportunity to make it feel like home. It is still very close to where I am living now, and near all of my friends.
I have realized after talking to Mom that I need to describe more of the place in which I am living since I have not done that yet. I sadly do not have that many pictures because I always feel like such a tourist when I am taking pictures, but I will have some soon of my new apartment and of my friends. As far as what NEST is like, it kind of reminds me of Chapel Hill High School in the architecture. There are classrooms on the lower floors and then dorms above that which is where I am staying. Behind NEST there is a lot of construction that wakes me up every morning, which becomes aggravating. I think my favorite part is that for the most part it is sunny everyday, which always makes me happy to wake up to a pretty day. When you walk around on the streets there is constant noise from the cars. The taxis are always honking at you to see if you need a ride. Now one might think that it is like NYC but I think this is much worse. I have gotten used to the honking and the way people drive. The driving should have its own Blog. There are stop signs and stop lights, but that does not mean that they are obeyed. Pretty much anything goes. So Mom I’m telling you now for when you come, just close your eyes. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home