Finally in Beirut!
So I finally made it to Beirut! I arrived yesterday afternoon after a wonderful visit with Tim, Sophie and Dorian in Paris. After getting settled into the hotel I went out to dinner with Tom Scudder, who use to work with Global Ministries. He showed me around the area, and I got to see N.E.S.T where I will be living as of November 1st. Then today I went to a meeting where I met the board of The Forum of Development, Culture and Dialogue (which for those of you who don’t know that is who I will be working with), and Sam Rizk the Executive Director my new supervisor. Everyone was extremely kind and welcoming. I then went out exploring and went to the American University, which by the way to all of my friends looking for a place to go to school, this would be it. It is the most beautiful school I have seen. I also met some students who invited me to have dinner with them, which was a lot of fun. One of them actually lives at N.E.S.T so it sounds like I will be seeing them again.
I am now sitting in my hotel room watching Everyone loves Raymond, so I will leave you for now. Keep in touch.-Ruth
ps. I am having issues with posting pictures so check your email for pictures for now.
I am now sitting in my hotel room watching Everyone loves Raymond, so I will leave you for now. Keep in touch.-Ruth
ps. I am having issues with posting pictures so check your email for pictures for now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home