Dreaming
I had a dream on Friday night that I came home to Chapel Hill, NC. I packed up everything and left Beirut to return to Mom and Dad. But when I got there I realized that it wasn’t where I was supposed to be, and how much I missed Beirut. I know this sounds weird talking about just a dream, however, it was very real. I went to the places that I "missed." I had lunch at Breadman’s. I had a milkshake at Sutton’s. I stopped by Peace College to say "hi." Yet, none of these things filled the void. And I started weeping. I kept thinking of my friends here and how important they are to me. What was even more intense was when I was just waking up, I stayed perfectly still, and refused to open my eyes for fear that I was no longer in Beirut. And once I did it was like Christmas morning. I was so happy that I was in Lebanon, in my messy room (sorry mom), but also grateful for the dream that reminded me of my happiness here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home