Cyprus
So after an interesting mix up with my hotel in Cyprus I am safely staying in a different hotel than I had planned. The interesting part of it is that I ended up at the same hotel as another North Carolinian, Cheryl Crenshaw, from outside Winston Salem. It's a small world isn't it? She actually did graduate school at UNC for any of you back at home that also were in the nursing program at UNC from '89-'91.Last night we both arrived in Cyprus we went to a nice dinner right next to the Mediterranean Sea. She is working in Israel and also had to leave to renew her visa. Obviously we are all connected but we have to make the effort to find out how we are connected.
Second, I have been praying for a while for a mentor, and thenthis week, in a small island in the Mediterranean Sea I found one. We have been able to discuss our faith journey, how we ended up where we are, (which is always an interesting story no matter who you are talking to) and our experience so far. Another thing that made this important, I felt that for a small moment I got to take a break. I had someone watching out for me, someone making sure I was okay and keeping track. And it felt wonderful, just for a little bit not to worry, probably the best vacation I could have had.
Second, I have been praying for a while for a mentor, and thenthis week, in a small island in the Mediterranean Sea I found one. We have been able to discuss our faith journey, how we ended up where we are, (which is always an interesting story no matter who you are talking to) and our experience so far. Another thing that made this important, I felt that for a small moment I got to take a break. I had someone watching out for me, someone making sure I was okay and keeping track. And it felt wonderful, just for a little bit not to worry, probably the best vacation I could have had.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home