Sunday, January 15, 2006

It's a game, "Risk"

So last night for the first time I cooked in my new apartment. (Before I say anything else I should back track and explain that I am back at NEST. I believe that I have made the right decision and I am glad to be back and a part of this community again.) So, after successfully making pasta, a pasta sauce from scratch (with help from my friend Sapna), and a nice salad, I invited friends from the NEST community over to play a friendly game of Risk. For those of you who do not know the game Risk, it is about conquering the world. More important, it is one of my favorite games. It reminds me of family vacations at Sunset Beach. Many of you already know that my family is a little weird. We get competitive about odd things: Risk, Cranium and Miniature Golf. I wonder if this is because skill is not a qualification for any of these games. :) Anyway, last night, after having friends over I got a message from one of them just saying “thank you” for having them over. But what I found interesting is that I didn’t understand why they were thanking me, I wanted to thank them! This is my family right now, this is my community, and I love having them in my home! The phrase “My house is your house” is not just a saying to me. I am happier when they are here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home